Q: What can you expect from nutrition counseling sessions?
A: RESULTS, of course! But if you want more details, below are some of the main features that make up a session.
Medical Nutrition Therapy is:
- One-on-one, individualized counseling sessions, personalized for your needs
- Sessions 1 hour in length
- Nutrition assessments based on your biometrics, medical history, labs, physician reports, client input and diet records
- Education and counseling based on the outcomes you want to achieve
- Customized meal plans, developed with personal food preferences in mind, along with nutritional recommendations
- Treatment plans, goal setting and advice to track your progress each visit
- Monitoring or "follow up visits" based on your progress
- Recipes for a healthy lifestyle
- Resources and advice evaluate to nutrition supplements, if requested
- Problem-solving, healthy coping techniques, and support
- Accountability and motivation!!